There is a couple I know that each time we talk, it seems there is yet another food ingredient that gets added to their ever-growing list of allergies.
I know from allergies. You’ve read in the past that later in my dad’s life, he became sensitive, allergic and down right toxic to several common everyday foods. It became a constant and vigilant effort to read every ingredient for the assaulting foods in his list just to make sure that some innocuous corn by-product or nut wasn’t going to shut down his neuro transmitters and transport him into a near Alzheimer state. It became necessary to create work-arounds for a lot of the things he liked to eat, because I am a firm believer that just because you “can’t” have something you love, doesn’t mean that I “shouldn’t” find a way to make something else taste like it.
When Tracy and Ken let me know that their food allergies were on the rise, I felt it was my duty to find ways to make their life a little less bland.
I know there are Gluten Free brownie mixes out there in the market…. I’ve bought them…. they’re horrid. and I’m not even under any obligation to eat them. There had to be a better brownie.
Gluten Free / Dairy Free
Sour Cream Brownies
6 Ounces Gluten Free Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (Get them HERE)
1/2 Cup Non Dairy margarine, Use Smart Balance (You can use Fleishman’s Unsalted, but be aware, it does contain corn… if you’re sensitive to it)
2 Extra Large Eggs (or 2 large Eggs + 1 yolk)
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar – Packed
1/2 Cup Fine Almond Meal
1/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Paste – or 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 8 Ounce Tub of Tofutti Tofu Sour Cream
1 8 Ounce Tub of Tofutti Tofu Cream Cheese
1 – 12 Bin Muffin Tin
1 Large Mixing Bowl
1 Small Micro safe Bowl
1/2 Cup Rough Chopped Walnuts
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line the tins with the cups and spray with cooking spray – set aside
- Melt the 1st chips and the “butter” in the microwave on high… check every 30 seconds until the chips are completely melted – stir well and set aside
- In the mixer, beat the eggs until light and airy, add the sugar and beat again until they are well combined.
- Add in the cocoa, almond meal and the rice flour a little at a time until all are combined
- Add in the vanilla, xanthum gum and baking soda and mix well
- With the mixer on low, gradually add in the chocolate mixture and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and shiny
- In each of the cups add 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese topped with 1 teaspoon of the sour cream
- Fill each cup with the batter to 3/4 full
- Top each cup with a little of the chopped walnuts and a couple of chocolate chips
- Bake in the center of the oven for 28 to 30 minutes or until the tops are glossy and crackly
- Cool on wire racks
- These can be packed into large freezer bags and stored for up to a month
143total visits,1visits today